Sorry I've been so lax about posting. I've not been able to work on my painting much, but here's what I did in the last day or two. It'll be hard for you to tell what I've been doing as I've been tweaking again. And beginning work on the fence - which is making me poke myself in the eyes. So tedious!
Also, I got my lakehouse put in. Slow going on the fencing. It goes all the way across the property. I've got it blocked in, now to go back and straighten, highlight and mold it so that it fits into the property. Right now it appears to just be slapped on the surface of the painting.
Forgive my shabby picture-taking. There was a glare on the right side of the above photo. But what I worked on here was pushing the distant trees even farther into the background. Added some reflections and details onto the lake and painted in some t-post fencing.
Above, I enhanced the shadows and the reflected light up under the eaves under the porch. And the cows have TAILS now, too!
It's finally coming together. So, since we're expecting rain this week and I won't be able to get out into the garden, I'll be working on and hopefully finishing up this painting and getting it ready to give to its new owner! Hope Riverview Farm folks like it! I'll take a final photo of the finished painting before I let it go. Thanks for watching! Will be starting something new soon! Stay tuned...
It is very interesting to see the progression of a painting like this, thank-you for showing it. I think it looks fine now but when you point out what you're still "tweaking" I can see that too .
ReplyDeleteDo you have a tendency to keep tweaking even after you think you're finished?
Oh, my goodness, Vickie! Your painting is looking so very wonderful!! LOVE the cows! I haven't had a chance to pick up a brush since the end of January (when we received the wedding news). You are inspiring me! Great job. blessings ~ tanna
ReplyDeleteHi Vickie!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented - so absolutely beautiful! I think that it takes real talent to make a cow, look like a cow and not an over grown Labrador! I just love it!
Hugs,
Barb
I'm in absolute awe of your talent!!! The painting is so beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Stunning! Glorious! Breath taking! Magnificent!
ReplyDeleteYour client is going to be floored!
Vicki.............how beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt is so cool to be able to watch your progress. Why I haven't done this before, don't ask! But I'll remember the next time. The fence may be tedious, but it sure makes a great painting.
ReplyDeleteLooking good Vickie. Is it finished yet? BTW I have north light in my new painting area.... so excited! The plan is to get back to it on Mon, April 2. I am settled in enough now that I can take my time with the rest of it. Take care, Girl. What are you painting next??
ReplyDelete